Top Tips for a Successful Housewarming Party
New detached homes in Innisfil are meant to be shown off and what better opportunity to do this than with a housewarming party? There are actually luxury detached homes in exclusive communities throughout Southern Ontario that are ideal for hosting parties and family gatherings.
Owners of new detached homes can use preparing for a housewarming party as a way to try out their new home’s features as well as figuring out the best way to decorate it, something that will come in handy when you’re preparing for gatherings throughout the year. With the holidays right around the corner, why not have your housewarming double as a Christmas or New Year’s Eve party? To get you started on pulling off a successful housewarming party, here are some simple tips:
1. Set the right mood: For music, you want something everyone will enjoy. Most of the new Innisfil homes allow plenty of room for dancing, so include a few of the latest dance hits for when the party really gets going (or some fun 50s/60s hits for the older crowd). But, if the gathering is low-key, make sure the music is low and unobtrusive. Setting the radio to an easy listening or jazz station is best in this situation. There are also plenty of streaming and satellite radio stations that play music that’s perfectly suited to an intimate gathering. Of course, if you’re making it a combo holiday/housewarming party, you can choose something festive.
2. Rearrange furniture ahead of time: Plan ahead and be sure to leave plenty of room for your guests to move around and mingle. Don’t wait until the party’s happening to shift things around. Detached homes in Innisfil, like those offered by Bremont Homes, are spacious, and artful rearranging of furniture can transform your living room into a large open space.
3. Organize your food tables: Take advantage of the great space in your home to create separate savoury snack and hors d’oeuvres, beverage, and sweets stations to keep the flow moving around the room. It’s also a good idea to have one small table just for plates/glasses/cutlery to make things easier on your guests. Make sure you have snacks that everyone will enjoy, including some vegetarian and low-fat options for those with special dietary needs. Also ensure you’re aware of any severe allergies. For the drink station, it’s always a nice idea to have two punch options (alcohol and non-alcoholic) as well as basic alcohol (red and white wine, vodka, rum, beer) and soft drinks or juices. Make sure you have enough napkins, glasses, plates, and plastic ware for all of your guests.
4. Prepare party favours/small gifts for your guests: While it’s expected for guests at a housewarming to bring a gift for the new homeowner, one of the unspoken rules of hosting this type of party is that you should give your guests a gift. It doesn’t have to be anything major; a small box of chocolates as a token of appreciation is all you need. You’re going to be exhausted from moving in, so you’ll want a thank you gift that won’t require a lot of effort to buy.
5. Don’t feel bad asking guests to respect your home: You’re proud of your new, luxury detached home; it’s in good shape and you’d like to keep it that way. So we recommend asking your houseguests to take off their shoes before they come in. If they’re homeowners themselves, they will understand. Try to stick to drinks that won’t cause any stains (maybe skip that red wine if you have a light-coloured carpet) and have the smokers go outside. Most new detached homes have spacious yards that will allow smokers to light up well away from your home.
Though the holidays are a great time for a housewarming, not having a theme is just as good, if not better, since this takes the pressure off you to think of a creative way to stage your party. Just provide simple food, drink, and music and that will be more than enough. If you’re looking at moving to a new detached home in Innisfil or one of our other communities in the spring or summer, you can have a barbecue for your housewarming.
Recognized as one of the Greater Toronto Area’s finest home building companies, Bremont Homes is founded on a vision of quality design and workmanship, innovative style, and exceptional customer service. Contact Bremont Homes for more information about our communities and homes in Aurora, Brampton, Burlington, Courtice, Georgetown, Maple, Pickering, Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Wasaga Beach, and other prime locations in the Greater Toronto Area.